Saturday 15 June 2013

I`ll win titles with style, says Pellegrini


I`ll win titles with style, says Pellegrini
Manchester: Manuel Pellegrini has pledged to bring titles and style to Manchester City after being named as the new manager of the English Premier League giants.

The 59-year-old Chilean left Malaga to pen a three-year deal as Roberto Mancini`s replacement.

His task is to snatch the league title back from neighbours Manchester United and go deep into the Champions League where Mancini constantly fell short.

"Everyone knows if you arrive at a club like Manchester City you need to win titles," Pellegrini, nicknamed `The Engineer` told ManCity TV.

"I think Manchester City have invested a lot of money to improve the squad every year and try, every year, to win titles.

"They were not successful in winning some titles but I am sure we are going to win - maybe the Premier League, the Champions League. We will try to win a lot.

"My first message is to tell all the supporters they will enjoy the season. I am sure they will enjoy the way our team will play.

"We will play an attractive, offensive play."

Pellegrini has more than 25 years` of managerial experience in South America and Spain and has taken Malaga and Villarreal to the latter stages of the Champions League.

He spent a single season in charge of Real Madrid before he was succeeded by Jose Mourinho, also now back in England at Chelsea.

"With Malaga I reached the quarter-final of the Champions League, with Villarreal also and the semi-final. All my experience will be very useful for me.

"I am sure we are going to have a very good season. I can tell all the fans of Manchester City I work very hard."



Pellegrini will have plenty of talent at his disposal at Eastlands after Fernandinho and Jesus Navas signed earlier in the summer for a combined initial cost of almost £45million.

City have also been linked with Malaga playmaker Isco and Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.

Pellegrini brings with him assistant Ruben Cousillas, goalkeeping coach Xabier Mancisidor and fitness coach Jose Cabello.

But Mancini`s assistant manager Brian Kidd will also remain as part of the set-up.

Kidd said: "I am pleased. It is a compliment and a great honour that I am stopping with the club. I am very pleased that Mr Pellegrini wants me to stay."

City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, who has ploughed millions into the club, said of Pellegrini`s appointment: "Manuel is a hugely experienced and successful manager with a proven track record.

"We have been greatly impressed throughout the selection process by his philosophy, his attitude and his commitment to the long term development of Manchester City.

"I am delighted that he has joined us."

Chief executive Ferran Soriano described Pellegrini as "a very experienced coach with a recognised ability to get the most out of his players and build cohesive teams.

"He shares the club`s approach to football and our ambition to achieve on-field success, coordinating with the wider football support teams to ensure natural progression from the Academy to senior level."

Pellegrini`s appointment at City came shortly after Malaga named former Real boss Bernd Schuster, as his successor.

No comments:

Post a Comment