Friday 14 June 2013

Fined for misconduct, Warner apologises to Joe Root




London: Australian opener David Warner who was fined for a breach of code of conduct by Cricket Australia has apologized to English batsman Joe Root for his actions in a Birmingham bar. 
Warner who had punched Root in the bar was fined Aus$11,500, has reportedly apologized to Root for his rash behaviour. 
"I am here today to put my hand up and apologise to Joe. I've let my team-mates, family and everyone down,"said Warner 
Warner was taken out of the equation as far as Champions Trophy is confirmed and has been suspended by Cricket Australia till the beginning of the Ashes. 
Warner, who was dropped for Australia’s washed out tie against New Zealand will miss the Kangaroos’ must win tie against Sri Lanka. 
Warner who was earlier fined Aus5,750 over his twitter remarks said "It's up to me to be accountable for my actions, which I am, and try not to be aggressive like I did," 
"I've just got to move on and do everything I can to get picked for the first Test.
"We're not here to speculate about what happened beforehand. I definitely remember the night. It started out with a few drinks in the bar and as a team we went to the Walkabout (bar)."
Australian captain Michael Clark was critical about Warner’s behaviour and said "I think David (Warner) knows how I feel about the culture of this Australian team and how important I feel the standards are in this Australian team," said Clarke.
"I respect the fact David has put his hand up and wants to move forward, has apologised to Joe and acknowledged he has made a big mistake. He does deserve credit for putting his hand up.
"Although the punishment for David is quite harsh that's the reality when you play for the Australian cricket team. This is not an IPL team, this is not state cricket, it's not county cricket, when you play for Australia there are standards you have to uphold."

No comments:

Post a Comment